LYSA encourages parents to read and follow the code of conduct for parents established by the R.I. Youth Super Liga:
Parent Code of Conduct
All parents are asked to abide by the following Code of Conduct
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players (not just players on my child’s team), coaches and referees at every game, training session or any other Super Liga events.
- I will place the safety of any child first at all times.
- I will remember that the game is for the players and not for adults.
- I will not coach from the sideline.
- I will refrain from making negative or derogatory comments.
- I will treat all players, coaches, referees and spectators with respect, good manners and common decency.
- I will insist that my child treat all players, coaches, referees and spectators with respect, good manners and common decency.
- I will not enter the field of play unless directed to do so by a referee or coach.
- If I am made aware that my child is not conducting him/herself in a sporting manner, I will counsel my child to do so, and explain failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
Failure to abide by the above Code of Conduct may result in the following disciplinary action….
- A referee/Super Liga official will ask the coach to eject a parent from the field area. If the parent does not leave within five (5) minutes, the game will be terminated and the league will issue a forfeit to the team he/she supports.
- A coach can eject a parent from his team from the field area. If the parent does not leave within five (5) minutes, the coach can choose not to allow the parent’s child to play any further in the game.
- The incident shall be reported to the coach’s association/club, and to the league.
- A repeat offender may be barred from further league games/events.